The existing one to 1908/09 built representative apartment building with…
Built in 1939, the so-called Stabsgebäude (staff building) of the German Army, the Wehrmacht, the building was the head office of the Soviet Command at the time of the GDR era and of the state railway headquarters and was vacant since the German reunification until 2008. This l-shaped, two-storey building is typical of the National Socialist architecture. The main entrance is located under a lobby opened by arcades, the arch openings of which consist of decorated sand stone walls.
Upon planning and reconstruction of that building, in which the AMD/ STD BG Bau (1st BA) as well as a pharmacy and several medical practices are situated, the compliance with the fire safety regulations and thermal protection standards in accordance with heritage protection requirements and the requirements of the Disabilities Representatives was given top priority. In addition to the renovation of the attic, 4 escalators, 2 additional stairwells, stairs between premises and ground floor as well as 2 lifting platforms are built or established in order to meet the conditions of accessibility.